Friday, July 17, 2015


TGIF

July 17, 2015

 

This has been such a long week.  Starting off with my niece coming in from Pennsylvania, and my sister in law and brother in law and his son coming down from Granby.  They stayed in my father in laws fifth wheel camper they set up in our side property.  They didn’t hook up the water so it was constant in and out of our house for showers and going to the bathroom.  I have had a hectic week at work.  More than normal, It usually is hectic but this week had been exceptionally busy.  We have a four admits in the past two days.  My little ones are having cabin fever I think, it’s been so hot I haven’t been letting them go outside too much, not even in their pool.  And at night when the sun goes down the bugs come out so bad.  I don’t know if it’s because we have had so much rain or what, but the bugs and mosquitos are terrible at my house.  You can’t go outside for two minutes without getting bit on.  I have to get ready for work today, then I’m thankfully off tomorrow.  My niece and her boyfriend are leaving early Sunday morning, so I think I’m going to plan a family dinner, movie night tomorrow before they leave.  I don’t really know what new movies came out this week.  Last week we rented “Get Hard” with Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart, this movie is hilarious, the language is a little rough, but the movie is funny.  Not a family movie, I would send the little ones out of the room.  I’m really in the mood to do some baking, but I don’t have a clue on what I want to bake.  This time last year I was baking tons of fruit breads for my daughter’s pageant.  A fresh strawberry pie sounds amazing.  I remember when I was young we used to have family reunions and my aunt Linda would make the best fresh strawberry pies.  I miss those family reunions, it was so much fun for all of us to get together and eat and all us younger ones would play together at the park.  We always had our reunion on Father’s Day Sunday.  Great memories.  I hope you all have a great and safe weekend.

 

391 Words

10 Minutes

2 comments:

  1. It can definitely be hard when family comes in. I feel for you. I thought that "Get Hard" was funny and I am a big Will Ferrel fan. You're right, that movie is not a family film. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can definitely be hard when family comes in. I feel for you. I thought that "Get Hard" was funny and I am a big Will Ferrel fan. You're right, that movie is not a family film. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete