Sunday, July 12, 2015


My Son’s first Car

July 12, 2015

 

Well my husband and I did something that we always said we would never do, we bought our son a car.  Roger, my oldest son, saved quite a bit of graduation money and we told him whatever he saved we would match him.  Well a girl that I used to work with recently told me about a car she had that she was wanting to sell.

Several weeks ago, I went over to her house to look at this car.  It is a 1997 Hyundia Elantra.  I took my son with me to look at the car.  As soon as we pulled up, he was like I want it.  Of course he did.  We looked the car over inside and out.  The car has a near perfect body, inside the interior was in the same shape, near perfect.  After looking the car over thoroughly we decided that we would be buying the car for him.

Originally she quoted me a price of $1,000.00 which was a great price considering the shape and mileage of the car.  We met my friend yesterday and my husband and father in law looked the car over once again.  It was a go, we were definitely going to purchase it for him. 

We followed her back to her house and started filling out the title and bill of sale.  She asked me how much I wanted to pay for the car, I told her the original price she quoted me.  She said well how about you give me $800.00, it was her moms car who recently died of cancer.  She said the look on your son’s face would make my mom so happy, so I want him to have this car.  I was so happy, not only did my son get a great car, but got it for $200.00 less than what we had planned on paying for it.  He hasn’t quit smiling since we got home with it.

 

1 comment:

  1. Angel,
    What a nice friend you have. That kind of offer doesn't happen everyday. I bet your son is happy. Getting your first car makes for a pretty exciting day. I like the idea of matching what your kids have to buy a car. I have 3 girls so I might be putting this idea to use in a few years.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete