Sunday, July 19, 2015


Final Blog Reflection

Assignment 7.6

July 19, 2015

 

     During this summer session of the English Composition 1 course, this is the first time I’ve ever set up a blog or even opened Blogger.com.  The only real computer interaction I’ve had since I was in high school is Facebook.  So this was a totally new experience for me.  As the days went by it became easier for me, at first it was difficult for me to sit and free write.  I noticed that my words per ten minutes of allotted time increased, as I got my experience with my blog writing and techniques.

     Most of my blogs where just reflections of my day or items I wrote down on my “I believe” list.  Some of my blogs when writing brought back a lot of precious memories.  Things I hadn’t necessarily forgot, but just hadn’t really thought about for many years.  Some blogs I struggled with the words to properly express my thoughts, while others just seemed to flow with ease.

     I wrote blogs mainly about my family.  This is the subject in which I know the most about.  I’ve always been taught to “Write what you know”, I believe that I achieved this goal.  I love sharing memories and stories of my family, especially my children.  They are my most prideful accomplishments.

     I also found it interesting to read and respond to others in the course’s blogs.  This was just another way for us all to connect with one another, outside the traditional classroom setting.  It was like opening little windows into each of our lives.  Some blogs were very random in content, while others were more personal and serious.  It was a way for each of us to learn each other’s likes, dislikes, hobbies, and interest.  Each of us have our own way of special expression.

     Overall, I enjoyed this assignment quite well.  It gives you a way to express your feelings, thoughts, or just tell about a random story.  It’s a great way to remember memories that are repressed in your minds.  I found this very therapeutic as well, a simple way to “unwind” after a hectic day at work or a busy day with the family.  A way to share your day and events with others.  I am going to try to continue writing a blog post each day, and maybe someday print them all off and put together as a journal.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment