Friday, July 10, 2015


God Blessed Me With Three Mothers

 

 July 10, 2015

 

     I have been very blessed, I don’t only have the normal one mother, I have been blessed with three. My birth mother, my grandmother and a wonderful bonus mother. 

     When I was born, my mother wasn’t ready to become a mother, therefore my grandparents raised me.  They actually adopted me from her when I was eight.  I have always had a relationship with my real mom, that never changed.  Although I was a little ackward that after my grandparents adopted me, my mom was legally my sister. 

     I did however live with my mother for a short time.  When I was two my mother got married and took me to live with her and her new husband.  He was in the military and I lived on the base with them.  However their marriage was short lived.  Then I went back to live with my grandparents. 

     When I was five, and getting ready to start kindergarten, my grandparents had to contact my mothers’ ex husband because he had my shot records to start school.  He and his wife came to our home, she was pregnant with their first child.  Her name is Santa, yes Santa, just like the jolly old man of Christmas.  She wanted to involve me in their lives.  My grandparents let me go over there and go to church with them.  My stepfather at one time, became my stepfather again without being any relation to me.  I know its confusing. 

     They have always treated me like their child.  Kent, my stepfather refers to me as his daughter, and their children call me their sister.  They welcomed me into their home with open arms.  I suddenly had a second family.

     When my children were born, they were there.  My children all call them grandma and grandpa and they treat them as if they were.  I believe you don’t have to be blood to be family.  And this is why.  My grandfather died two months ,unexpectally of a stroke, before I was married.  Kent walked me down the aisle and gave me away.

     Santa has always treated me as a daughter, even after she had their own daughter, I was never set aside.  My children love their “Grandma Santa”, she has been there when no one else could be.  I have a different relationship with her, she is the one who taught me the word of God, and is the one that I talk to when I don’t want to upset my grandmother or mom, because she is more “down to earth” you would say.

     I am so blessed to have been given this extended family, and blessed that my children have them as well.

 

454 Words

10 Minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment