Tuesday, July 7, 2015


Round Two

 

     As most of you know we are experiencing flooding issues again.  I know a lot of the area has been hit hard this morning by down pouring flooding rains.  As I awoke this morning to the loud sounds of heavy rain hitting our roof, the first thing I thought was not again.  If you read my previous blog, on the nineteenth of June our driveway and road was taken away by flood waters.

     I went to my front door, to open and see the same thing happening all over again.  But this time it was even worse.  I woke my husband up and we began to scramble to get the cars moved to higher grounds. 

     The waters were rushing once again with full force.  Large rocks and logs rolling down our lane.  The end of our lane completely under water.  I am like Gilligan on the island.  My husband got a pick and tried to dig out a trench to redirect the waters, but nothing was seeming to help. 

    Our driveway, and where we normally park our cars is completely crumbling in front of our eyes.  My father in law arrived to try and help, but at this point so much water is coming down the road and the current is so strong, there isn’t much we can do, but sit and watch the earth crumbling and falling into the raging waters going down our drive.

     They have sent out a message that it is hazardous to drive thru the  town I live in, Reeds Spring, and have blocked most of the travel off due to flood waters.  The rain is still coming down and the waters still flowing at moch speeds.

    Finally the city workers have showed up to dig a trench with the back hoe, and it has redirected most of the water away from our drive.  We still have a terrible mess.  There is no way in or out of our drive at this time.  Needless to say, my husband, son, nephew, and father in law all are outside pushing rock to try and build up the drive.

 

353 words

10 minutes

1 comment:

  1. The rain has been heavy these past few days. I am sorry about your drive-way! I hope the rain stops soon!

    ReplyDelete