Monday, July 13, 2015


Almost Over

July 13, 2015

 

It’s so hard to believe that we are almost done with our summer semester.  It seems like just yesterday when I was going to buy my laptop to start my online classes.  I was so nervous, I didn’t think I could manage a forty plus hour work week, going to school, and three children.  But look at me now I have done it much to my surprise.  All my family and friends kept telling me that I would do fine, but I was so scared that I was going to fail.  I set aside school time for each day, learned to prioritize all my assignments for both classes, and it has really worked out for me.  The first week, I have to admit was awful, I felt so overwhelmed and didn’t think I would honestly make it to where I am now.  I did cut back on work a little.  I am used to working six day a week, I cut back to five with no overtime hours.  It really hurt the wallet, but I knew that in order to succeed in this journey this is what I would have to do.  I didn’t realize that summer semester would be so condensed and hectic.  My friends told me don’t take two classes online this summer, it will be to hard to keep up.  I just brushed them off, and said I can do this.  Little did I know what I was getting myself into.  But I have managed to maintain good grades in both of my classes.  Have managed not to miss one assignment.  I was late with one, because I wasn’t quite sure on how to submit it, but other than that I have kept right up.  This fall I am planning on taking a seated class with labs, and one online class.  Hopefully it won’t be as stressful.  But I have a plan in order and want to try and stick to this plan as much as possible to get my degree in two years.  Good luck to all of you in your classes as well, and I hope that things are going as good for you as they are for me.

 

369 Words

10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment