Thursday, July 16, 2015


My Favorite Disney Movie

July 15, 2015

 

I would have to say out of all the Disney movies, my favorite would be a Bug’s Life.  I have watched hundreds of Disney movies since I have three children.  But I just love a Bug’s Life.  It makes you wonder if other forms of life do communicate.  I know other mammals communicate and bugs, birds and such I’m sure do to.  Little Flick goes out on an adventure to make sure that his colony has food for the winter.  I love the saying “When the last leaf falls.”  Every fall when I see the leaves turning and falling it always makes me think of this movie.  This little guy Flick goes through a lot to prove himself worthy of all the other ants.  This poor little guy almost doesn’t make it back.  Until he comes across the circus bugs, who teach him how to stand up for himself.  When he takes them back to the colony, he doesn’t know that the circus bugs had been lying to him to find themselves a better life.  They all work together to help one another out to get that harvest for the winter and to stand up to the bully bugs who are trying to steal all their food.  Then you have the little love story that is tied into the story.  This is one of the older Disney movies, we bought it on VHS tape for our oldest son, Roger when it first came out.  We watched this movie over and over, until finally the movies actually broke inside the tape.  Then we found it on DVD and my other two children watch it a lot now.  Disney makes so many movies that really do teach little hidden life lessons.  We still buy all the new release Disney movies and hope to pass this collection someday onto our grandchildren.

316 Words

10 Minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment