Sunday, July 5, 2015


My Car

     I recently purchased a used car.  A 2006 Chrysler Sebring, very nice car.  At first I was very happy with this car.  Recently the temp gauge got up to the half way mark, which is a little warmer than it normally runs.  Then on our way back from Branson one evening, the temp gauge got up to a half again and the car decided to shut down.  We were stranded at Best Buy for almost two hours.

     My father in law, who is a “Jack of all Trades” decided to look at he car.  I have a bleeder valve with he let a lot of air out, and then come to realize that the thermostat is probably sticking.  So we went to the auto parts store and purchased a new thermostat.  My husband and father in law planned on changing the thermostat themselves, however it was going to be a bigger project than expected.

     So I took my car to the auto mechanic and had them change my thermostat.  When my husband picked up my car, the mechanic told him, don’t let your wife drive this car, you have a busted front passenger tye-rod.  Wonderful, yet another problem.  So back to the auto parts store again, my husband and father in law were able to change this.  When buying  the car from a dealership in February, I was told the car was inspected and given an inspection tag.  However, this wasn’t the case, the car was never inspected, the tye-rod was completely crumbled inside the rubber boot. 

     Then this past week, I was going to come to OTC in Hollister, to take a proctored exam, my father in law asks before I was leaving, “Have you checked the antifreeze levels since we had the thermostat changed?” No, because it had been running fine.  So he decided to check it.  I get to IHOP in Branson and the car is steaming.   I pull over at the open lot next to Ripley’s to discover that the radiator cap hadn’t been all the way put back on by my father in law and all my antifreeze had sprayed out all over the top of my engine.  Steam was everywhere.  I decided to turn around and come back home, I made it to Walgreens in Branson West, and the temp gauge went all the way up to three quarters, I pulled over.  My husband and father in law came, I  got more antifreeze, back to the auto parts store, because now the cap isn’t fitting properly.   We filled the antifreeze back up and replaced the cap.

     The car seems to be running fine for now “Knock on Wood”, but I’m just gonna have to drive it and make sure.  I have had enough trouble with this car, and hope it all goes good from here on out.

  422 Words
10 minutes  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment