Sunday, June 28, 2015




What I believe to be the best movie of all times:  The Wizard of Oz

  

     The Wizard of Oz, I would say is my favorite movie.  I started loving this movie as a young girl.  This movie would come on every year about the same time on TNT, around the middle of November.  My grandma and I would look forward to watching this movie all day.  I would help her get the popcorn ready, this was the closest thing I had to going to the movies with my grandma. 

     This movie was originally put out in the movie theaters in 1939.  My grandmother was young girl, she would tell me how her and her mother went to see it at the movies.  And how that a lot of the movie had been edited and removed.

     Judy Garland, who plays Dorothy a young Kansas girl, who is taken away by a twister to the wonderful magical world of Oz.  She meets the Munchins, Glenda, the Scarecrow, Tin Man, and Lion along the way.  Oh and let us not forget my most favorite character the Wicked Witch of the West.  All to get the the Wizard of Oz to grant her the one wish of being able to go back home.

     I have always been fascinated with this movie, I don’t know if its because of the memories my grandmother and I made watching this movie, or the movie itself.

     I love how the movie starts off in black and white, and when she arrives in Oz, and opens the door in Munchin Land, it is all color and beautiful.  This movie was made along time ago, but the graphics and attention to detail are remarkable. 

     I have many collectables of this movie as well, I have for the past several years, gotten snow globes with the characters inside them, I have salt and pepper shakers, and a pair of ruby slipper Christmas ornament.  I watch this movie all the time.  My husband doesn’t care to watch it with me because I recite the movie. 

    I would have to say that I have traveled the Yellow Brick Road on many occasions, and love it each and every time that I do.

 

369 Words

10 Minutes

    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment