Thursday, June 25, 2015


I Believe that I Am a Great Multi-Tasker

June 25, 2015

     Multi-tasking, well I believe that I am the queen of it.  Where do I begin to explain the reasons why?  First of all I am married, have three children ranging from ages five to eighteen. Yes, there is quite an age difference.  It’s a busy household at our home.  I work anywhere from forty to fifty hours a week.  I usually work the 2pm-10pm at night shift.  But, recently have been working the 6am-2pm shift.  Now that I have started school, I usually get up around 7 am, and get on the computer.  On Mondays, I use this time to prioritize the weeks assignments.  I didn’t quite realize how difficult it would be taking two on-line course over the summer session.  With my two classes together, I have anywhere from twelve to fifteen assignment due throughout different days of the week.  So it’s important to make a plan of action in the beginning of the week, or I would never have enough time to get everything completed.  I usually work at least four hours before work on lessons, then take my books to work with me to read or make notes on upcoming assignments.  My lunch and regular breaks are spent doing school work.  After work, I again work on school work till its time to go to bed.  Then repeat the same routine daily.  I also while working on school work, have two of my children that require my attention.  I have to make breakfast, get clothes ready, give bathes all the normal “mom” duties.  It’s sometimes very hectic at my house with everyone pulling me in different directions.  I want to have more time to be with my children, working on the 2pm-10pm shift doesn’t give me much time with them.  When school is in session, I wake my daughter up, get her ready for school and drive her there.  This gives me only about 45 minutes with her each day, because the time I get home at night she is already asleep.  I know when I get my Nursing license I will be able to have more pull on getting a different shift.  The job I do now there is no position to give me a full time position.  But as a nurse, I will be able to go onto a full-time dayshift position, to have more time of an evening with my children.  My daughter is eight and going into third grade, while my youngest will start Kindergarten next fall.  The time is coming upon me soon for ball practices, cheerleading, softball, girl scouts, and many more activities that are hard for them to be in because I can’t be present to help out.  I don’t want my children to miss out on a great fun-filled childhood, therefore I am making the change now, before I look and see them graduating high school, liked my oldest son just did this May.
428 words
10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment