Monday, June 29, 2015



Know Your Audience Blog Post
Lesson 4.4
 

                In taking online classes one of the biggest disadvantages is not having the opportunity to have the face-to-face interaction with your teacher and classmates.  It’s not the “traditional” classroom setting that most of us are used to.

                The “Know your Audience” question gave us all the opportunity to have that personal interaction with each other.  I really enjoyed the opportunity to learn a little about each of my classmates.   

                There were many interesting questions.  Some questions really made me have to think on my answers, while others were more relative questions.  One question that really made me think was “What painting best describes you, title and painter?” I had to do some research on this one.  Another one that really made me have to think was the “What color is your attitude? Explain well.”  This question could have had many different answers depending on what day I was asked. 

                There were many fun questions as well.  Like “Where would you like to vacation?”  This question was an easy question for me to answer.  My husband and I have been talking about going to Hawaii for quite some time.  It is our “dream” vacation.  After completing my education, I think, I am going to reward myself for all my hard work with such a vacation. 

                It’s nice to feel like I’ve gotten to know a lot of my classmates through this assignment.  Chances are we will never get to meet face to face, unless we already know each other outside of school, or possibly are taking the same majors and do end up, by chance, in the same seated classes.

                These questions also gave us all a glimpse into one another’s likes, dislikes and personalities. Some were more serious, while others were light in humor.  I believe we can all learn from each other, rather be our interactions on the discussion boards, blog posts, or our writing groups to develop our own style of unique writing. 

                I look forward to getting to know each of my classmates even more through these final weeks of our short summer session together.

 

353 Words

No comments:

Post a Comment