Saturday, June 20, 2015

I believe- Freewrite


I believe that I am a wonderful wife, for many reasons.  I met my husband 20 years ago, and 17 years ago today we said “I do”.  We have three children, two boys and one daughter.  Roger, Joshua and Lilly.  Roger is our oldest, he is 18.  Lillyan is 8 and Joshua just turned 5 in April.  We lived most of our lives in Indiana, where we both were born and raised.  Until 3 years ago, we decided to move out here to Missouri.  His parents and sister already lived here.  All my family lived in Indiana.  I prayed for a long time for God to give me direction on what I should do, move out here so my husband and children could be with his parents or stay in Indiana with all of my family.  I was a hard decision, but I decided yes we would move out here.  I left all of my family, my mother, brothers, cousins, friends, and my grandmother who I had seen almost everyday of my life.  See I lived only two blocks from my grandma and would take the kids over there everyday and visit with her, help her do her laundry, clean her house, run errands in town for her, she is my best friend compared to my husband.  She was the one I had the most of a hard time leaving.  I call her everyday to check on her.  It breaks my heart sometimes to know that she is there at the apartment by herself.  I have aunts and uncles and member of her church drop in on her quite frequent but its not like me being there for her.  My husbands parents moved to Colorado when I was 7 months pregnant with our first child, then they moved to Missouri about 12 years later.  We would only see his parents maybe twice a year.  My children we missing out of knowing their grandparents.  My husband was missing out on spending time with his father.  I decided to move here so my children and my husband could have these last precious years.  I wanted my children to know their other grandparents and I wanted my husband to have that relationship with his father before it was to late.  I miss my family dearly, but when I see the look on my childrens face when grandma and grandpa are here, or see the bond my husband has with his father it was all worth my sacrifice.

Word Count (414)

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this blog, I feel like from this post alone, I am able to see how close of a family bond you are experiencing and instill in your children. I understand how hard it can be to be soo far from family, but it I a challenge many of us have had to face. Thi too can make your bond with your own children even stronger.

    ReplyDelete