Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Assignment 4.2 This I Believe Personal Credo


      I was raised by my grandparents, therefore I have a lot of respect for the elderly.  I would always visit my grandmother on a daily basis, do errands, laundry and clean her house.  I did this not only for her but helped with some of her neighbors in her apartment complex.  I would take her neighbor to get her hair done and to the grocery store or just take them on drives to get them out of their apartments.  When I moved out here to Missouri, I felt like to fill the whole in my heart for my grandmother, I would become a CNA and work in a nursing home.  I absolutely love my job.  I am now a Med Tech, but still do a lot of one on one care with the residents.  You have to understand that these people were once our age, had homes, had lives of their own and never would have imagined being where they are today.  I try and make each and everyone of my residents feel like there my grandmother or grandfather.  I have grown to love these people.  I couldn’t imagine not having this job, this is why I have decided to become a nurse.  I plan on staying in the nursing home field, because of my love for these elderly.  I believe this is my calling in life.  These residents of mine, are a part of my family.  I have dedicated my life to better the quality of their final years.

250 Words

1 comment:

  1. Angel,

    I have a great respect for you and others who work in nursing homes because they love people and want them to feel loved. My grandma worked in 2 nursing homes for as long as I can remember and she did it because she loved to help others. There are too many people who work in nursing homes who don't care at all about the care they are giving and the residence suffer and are unhappy. These are their final years. Thank you for making them good ones. You have a wonderful creed.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete